The First CompuGene Symposium on:
Computer-aided Engineering of Synthetic Genetic Circuits
Date and Location
19-21 June 2017 in Darmstadt
Speakers and Schedule
Start: Monday, 19 June, 14:00
End: Wednesday, 21 June, 15:00
The preliminary schedule is now available.
The speakers include:
- Anke Becker, Philipps-Universität Marburg
- Kobi Benenson, ETH Zürich
- Neil Dalchau, Microsoft Research Cambridge
- Guillaume Gines, ESPCI Paris
- Jörg S. Hartig, Universität Konstanz
- Ivo Hofacker, University of Vienna
- Alfonso Jaramillo, University of Warwick
- Mustafa Khammash, ETH Zürich
- Jongmin Kim, Harvard University
- Harald König, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- Nadanai Laohakunakorn, EPFL Lausanne
- Julius B. Lucks, Northwestern University
- Elena Rivas, Harvard University
- Matthew Scott, University of Waterloo
- Ralf Seemann, Universität des Saarlandes
- Jesse G. Zalatan, University of Washington
Georg Christoph Lichtenberg-Haus
Dieburger Straße 241
64287 Darmstadt, Germany
We recommend to stay at the Hotel Welcome in central Darmstadt. Address:
A number of rooms have been reserved for the symposium. Booking details are available from the CompuGene team and will be provided upon registration.
During the symposium there will be a shuttle service between the Welcome hotel and the venue. The shuttle will depart from the hotel at 0830 am. The return service is to be announced.
Other types of accommodation can be booked through various travel websites.
Getting to Darmstadt
By air via Frankfurt International Airport (FRA)
Darmstadt is situated approximately 28 km from Frankfurt International Airport (FRA), the largest airport in Germany. A direct bus service (AirLiner) connects the airport with the city of Darmstadt every 30 minutes at peak times, otherwise every 60 minutes (download the detailed schedule). The trip duration is appoximately 35 minutes. The one way fare is approximately 9 €. Unfortunately only cash is accepted on the bus but tickets can be also bought at the RMV ticket vending machines in the airport using credit or debit cards.
If you arrive at Terminal 1, board the AirLiner bus from bus stop 14, outside the terminal, across the road. At Terminal 2, the bus stops just outside the terminal entrance. Get off the bus at the terminal station (Darmstadt Kongresszentrum/Convention Center). From there, the Welcome hotel is only 100m away.
A taxi from Frankfurt airport to Welcome Hotel Darmstadt costs approximately 50-65 € and takes around 30 minutes.
By train via Darmstadt HBf
Darmstadt is a sizable railway hub, with many trains stopping at Darmstadt Hauptbahnhof (main station). Public transport (buses and light rail) from Darmstadt HBf to Hotel Welcome is available but involves approximately 5-10 minutes of walking. Taxis are available as well; a ride takes around 10 minutes.